Wednesday, June 16, 2010

what I've learned over the last few months






I've learned a lot over the last 6 months, including just how much I don't know about a bunch of things.

Here are some of the most important things I've learned:

I've learned not to be afraid either of failure or success. Putting your work out in the world can be scary, but regardless of what happens, doing something is better than doing nothing.

I've learned to experiment - the paintings I'm doing now look nothing like the work I did two years ago, or even last year for that matter.

I've learned to learn from others - it's not just about what you do, it's what you open yourself to learning and a willingness to be curious. I've asked people "how did you do that" dozens of times over the last 6 months.

I will continue to post and share both what I've learned and what I've created in these blog postings and will continue to explore other artist's blogs and websites to learn and grow as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment